Veal & Spinach Terrine is a recipe I got from Dr. Bernstein’s newsletter. I haven’t tried it yet but it looks pretty good and easy to prepare, even though I do not follow the diet anymore, it works with Keto. However, I am wondering if I can substitute a whole egg? instead of just the egg whites. It will make it Keto approved regardless.
• 1 lb 8 oz or 680g Veal, Lean – ground
• 11 oz or 310g Spinach – frozen, chopped
• 2 Egg Whites – raw
• 5 oz or 140g Tomatoes – sliced
• 1 clove Garlic – crushed
• ½ tsp or 2.5 ml Rosemary – dried
• 1 tsp or 5 ml salt
• dash of pepper
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain well, pressing out all moisture.
- Combine spinach with remaining ingredients (except tomato) mixing thoroughly.
- Pack mixture into small loaf pan.
- Lay tomato slices along the top of the loaf.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 40 to 45 minutes. 6. Cool and slice into 7 equal portions. Serve