¶ This post is linked with Stacking The Shelves Hosted @ Tynga's Reviews & Reading Reality¶
I got a bunch of books from the library this week, BUT the one I wanted Red Rising by Pierce Brown was and is still not available. I have Golden Son and Morning Star though!
I'm also linking up with The Sunday Post hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer.
I decided to get the audiobook of Red Rising hoping I could listen to it and still read the other books. Only the audiobook may have been damaged because it’s not working correctly. Has that ever happened to you? I am wondering if that is the case because I could not get past chapter two. As soon as it reached a certain point, it quit, it is utterly blank. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong or why it happens. I can’t deal with broken audio, so I returned it. I know what you’re thinking.
“How do you know it’s not your listening device?” IM NOT SURE!
Regardless. I am not having the best time with audiobooks. I just want to read Book One! or in my case, at least listen to it!
What I’m Currently Reading
History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera. I’m ok with it so far. It’s about a sad and OCD gay teen in love and heartbroken over the death of his boyfriend Theo, and all there is in between. Gosh, will I be able to handle it? We shall see but I don’t know HOW or IF I’ll be able to read another book ever again lol. J/k.
I’m wondering if I should just attempt to read all the books I got and not worry about the order so much? Am I gonna end up like Griff? With OCD? lol
The order of books from the Library this week sucks guys. I think I’m going to return them. It’s the same with Rachel Caine’s The Great Library. I don’t have Book One!*sigh Is it a crime to not read a book in the order of publication? I mean a book should be a complete story in and of itself but Unfortunately, the milk serials/ sequels/ whatever.
I’ve always been a stickler for reading books in order. If you’re gonna read it, read it right the first time! It just makes it a complete and fulfilling experience. But in this case, I just don’t have the time and money to get ALL the books IN THE RIGHT ORDER! Fuck my life!
Another thing is if you have read History Is All You Left Me than you will know ALL of Dumbledore’s names and that is almost the same as Rose Gold Elixir and GlamGlow!~ I am being facetious but disappointed about missing the first book in the series. Etched in Bone is Book 5 As a Matter of Fact. I might be returning them all unless I can renew them.
Books I received this week
- Etched In Bone (Book 5 A Novel of The Others) by Anne Bishop ➔Can’t read. I’ve not read book 1,2,3,4
- Paper and Fire (The Great Library book Two) by Rachel Caine➔Can’t read. I’ve not read book 1
- Ash and Quill (The Great Library Book Three) by Rachel Caine➔Can’t understand. I’ve not read book 1,2,4 etc.
- Golden Son (Book Two of the Red Rising Trilogy) by Pierce Brown➪ Can’t read. I’ve not read book 1
- Morning Star (Book Three) by Pierce Brown➪Can’t read.I’ve not read book 1,2
- Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor➨ I can understand
- Traitor To The Throne ( #2 A Rebel of The Sands novel) by Alwyn Hamilton➨I can read. I have read book 1
- Without Merit, by Colleen Hoover➨I can read
- History is all You Left Me with Adam Silvera➨Currently Reading
- Scythe Audiobook by Neal Shusterman
- Red Rising Audiobook by Pierce Brown
So, that about narrows it down. ∴ I can read 4 out of 9 books and 1¼ Audiobook!