These mummy dogs are delicious! I’ve been following a Keto diet and found some good recipes on the diet doctor, and one of them are Mummy Dogs. Sorry about the focus guys.
I had leftover dough so, not to waste it, I made some burger buns (don’t judge) Regardless, it will taste good and work.
Here is the recipe if you don’t want to click on the link
8 tablespoons almond flour
4 tablespoons coconut flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 2⁄3 oz. butter
1 ½ cups shredded cheese
8 sausages, of good quality (preferably shaped like hot dogs)
1 egg, for brushing the dough
16 cloves, for the mummies eyes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and cheese in a pan on low heat.
- Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon, for a smooth and flexible batter. It will take a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Crack the egg and stir. Add the flour mixture and mix together into a firm dough.
- Flatten into a rectangle, about 8×14 inches (20×35 cm).
- Cut into 8 long strips, less than an inch wide (1.5–2 cm).
- Wrap the dough strips around the hot dog and brush with a whisked egg.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15–20 minutes until the dough is golden brown. The hot dog will be done by then too.
- Push two cloves into each hot dog to make them look like eyes – but only for decoration. Don’t eat the cloves!
Using larger hot dogs? Pre-fry them for a couple of minutes before wrapping them up in the cheese dough and baking.