This post contains affiliate links
It’s the holidays and it is time to start thinking about making the perfect cookie. Maybe you want to participate in a cookie swap or enter to win a holiday cookie contest. Spud.ca is running a contest to win $250 in Spud credits for your grocery shopping list. In addition, the winning cookie recipe will be added to the SPUD website and featured in their weekly email and a blog post.They want to see your cookie creations and I was inspired to make a version of their chocolate chip cookie. Instead of Almond Butter, I used Artisana Raw Coconut Butter and they turned out better than I could have hoped for. They are really simple to make as they don’t require a lot of ingredients (no flour) which makes them gluten free and they are delicious. I think Santa Claus would approve. I am not a photographer so don’t mind when you see the pictures I took. I also need to mention, this contest is open to those of us who live in the Spud.ca delivery area in Calgary. Here is the recipe.
Gluten-Free Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix together baking powder, brown sugar, and coconut butter.
3. Add the chocolate chunks to the mixture. Continue mixing.
4. Beat one egg then mix it well into the mixture until even.
5. Take the mixture and shape them into round cookie shapes.
6. Use parchment paper on a cookie sheet and place the cookies on the baking sheet.
7. Bake them in the oven for ten minutes.
8. Let rest for ten minutes then enjoy!
What are some Christmas cookies you like to make?