Never use thumb tacks for playing food. I was about 4 years old and my sister and I were playing downstairs in the utility room having a tea party with our cute little tea set that came in a chest hutch . We didn’t have real food , only thumb tacks and nails and such . I stuck a thumb tack in my mouth pretending to swallow it, but my sister who is a year and a half older than me, told my mother , who then immediately rushed me to the X-ray lab. I never felt a thing and I don’t recall dying , only being carried upside down by my mother . I don’t think they found anything because I never actually swallowed it.
However, the thing was I got really scared into believing I swallowed a tack , all because my sister said she saw blood lol. I thought I was tricking her but she tricked me instead.